Stages of treatment and production of olive oil
Afterwards the harvest, olives are transported in the olive press where begin the stages of treatment:
- Receipt olives and weighing.
- The segregation of leaves from the olive is essential because the press of olive-crop with big quantity leaves lends bitter flavour in the olive oil and enriches it in chlorophyll which acts negatively in its quality.
- Washing of olive-crops.
- Fracture and milling, where is crushed the olive-crop with the use of mechanic hammers (older burrstones)
- Olive pulse
- Stage, that the core is separated
- Receipt of olive oil from olive pulse
- Final segregation where are separated the oil from water and cleaning of olive oil.
Particularly important are the conditions of cleanness of olive press,
as well as the temperatures that are decisive for the quality and the maintenance of nutritious and qualitative characteristics of olive oil.
Also, the reservoirs should be stainless and be installed in shady space, in order that the olive oil can be looked after with safety for big time interval without it is diverted qualitatively.